You won’t have missed all the news articles about Artificial intelligence / AI. What did you think – was for you? Did you fear it, confuse you or just think it was something for the future?
Chances are, you are already using AI in someway. Search on google – AI, Ask Alexa a question – AI.
In this series of features we look at how you as owners and managers of B&Bs can use AI right now.
Here are a few ways to utilise the benefits of AI for your bed and breakfast business:
- Use ChatGPT / Others to improve your marketing content.
- Use AI to help with Search Engine Optimisation / Advert text
- Chatbots on your website / App: Chatbots can be used to answer guest questions, provide recommendations, and book reservations.
- Adjust Pricing based on a huge number of factors only AI can calculate.
- Hospitality Reports and research based on crunching huge amounts of data
- Use AI to personalise your guest experience.
Use ChatGPT / Others to improve your marketing and sales.
Writing compelling copy for your bed and breakfast’s website is essential for attracting and converting guests. However, it can also be a time-consuming process. This is where AI tools like ChatGPT can come in handy. Writing copy for websites is harder than you think. It takes time to come up with ideas, research topics, and craft persuasive language.
Use AI to help with Search Engine Optimisation / Advert text
Once you have written / helped ChatGPT your copy, you need to optimise it for SEO as you load it onto your website. AI can help improve their SEO in a variety of ways, including:
- Keyword research
- Technical SEO
- Advert text
- Write better SEO Titles and Meta Data
Use AI to help create images to be used on Social media / Website posts
We live in a visual world and each web page or social media post will need at least one image. Creating these images is harder than you’d think – finding the right image in the right size and orientation is one issue before you even get onto the subject of copyright.
- DALL-E 2 is a text-to-image diffusion model developed by OpenAI. It can generate realistic images from text descriptions, even if those descriptions are abstract or challenging. For example, DALL-E 2 can generate an image of a “red armchair shaped like a cat” or a “painting of a bowl of soup in the style of Picasso.”
Chatbots on your website / App:
Chatboxes on a website are a great tool for visitors looking for immediate answers to questions they’re unable to get answers for from your website / social channels. However you might not always be on-hand and so might leave the visitor more frustrated than impressed.
AI powered chatbox simulate human conversation and can help with the first layer of enquires.
Chatbots can be used to answer guest questions, provide recommendations, and book reservations.
AI-powered pricing optimisation to maximise profits and revenue.
By leveraging AI algorithms to analyse vast amounts of data, businesses can identify the optimal price range for their products or services, even taking into account factors that are too complex or time-consuming for humans to calculate.
Use AI to personalise your guest experience.
AI can be used to track guest preferences and personalise their stay. For example, you can use AI to recommend activities and restaurants to guests based on their interests, or to provide them with personalized dining options.
- Start by having a play with Chat CPT, Bard and Daille. Setup is easy and you’ll be blown away with how good it is.
- Look at your current software supplier list and look at what they are doing with AI.
- Look at the jobs you do and ask if you could simplify this process with AI
- Look at the jobs you are not doing and if they could be easier / possible with AI. Jobs that are currently not worth the effort might be with the help of AI.
Further Reading on AI & ChatGPT for Bed and Breakfasts:
Here are some external URLs that I recommend for learning more about AI in the bed and breakfast industry:
- AI in the Hospitality Industry: The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on the Hotel Industry by Hotel Tech Report: https://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4110360.html
- How to Use AI to Improve Your Hotel’s Guest Experience by Forbes: https://www.zendesk.co.uk/blog/how-ai-can-improve-the-hotel-guest-experience/
- How AI is Transforming the Hotel Industry by Deloitte: https://www.aiplusinfo.com/blog/future-of-hospitality-with-artificial-intelligence/
- 10 Ways to Use AI in Your Hotel Business by Hotel Management: https://thebossmagazine.com/machine-learning-hospitality/
- The Future of AI in the Hotel Industry: 5 Trends to Watch by Travel Weekly: https://www.aiplusinfo.com/blog/future-of-hospitality-with-artificial-intelligence/
Next Feature in the series – A detailed look at using AI & Chat GPT for Marketing activity.