OVERALL WINNER of LBNB AWARDS 2021
- “We are very excited and honoured to hear we are the overall winner!”
- “To receive such a prestigious award like this from a panel of industry experts has given us a huge boost to our motivation in such difficult times.”
- “Operating a B&B in today’s highly competitive market place, amongst tough competition, gets more and more challenging every day.”
- “Guests, quite rightly, have very high expectations in terms of the service, quality and experience they receive wherever they go and whatever they do.”
- “Attempting to meet and exceed these expectations is a never ending challenge.”
- “It’s especially rewarding to get such a prestigious and much appreciated ‘external pat on the back’ like this.”
- “Thank you very much to all the judges and to the team at LBNB Magazine for this award and congratulations to all of the other winners.”
ALSO WINNER of MOST EFFECTIVE MARKETING & USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
- “It has a very clear customer journey through the website, which is great.”
- “They have links to their social media on their website which allows customers to learn more about them.”
- “They are regularly active on their social media platforms which is brilliant. Nice clear website which is easy to work through and find the booking button.”
Comments from the owners, Martin & Andrea:
- “We are absolutely delighted to win this award.”
- “It’s obviously been a very challenging time for our business.
- “We’ve not stopped communicating with our loyal guests and followers with regular social media posts and newsletter updates.”
- “Continual marketing and frequent social media posts are such important tools in today’s competitive marketplace.”
- “We try to keep guests engaged, informed and hopefully even entertained!”
- “To be recognised for our effort and tenacity has been incredibly encouraging and uplifting for us.”
- “We would like to thank all of the 2021 judges for the Most Effective Marketing & Use of Social Media award.”
- “Thank you to the Luxury BnB Magazine for recognising our efforts in this area.”
|Social Media||FB: @derrybegpitlochry|
|Address||Derrybeg Bed and Breakfast|
18 Lower Oakfield
Most effective marketing & use of social media
Derrybeg is a smart, eight bedroom, contemporary bed and breakfast in Pitlochry. Purchased as a rundown property and neglected business in 2015, Derrybeg has been given a new lease of life having been fully transformed externally and internally. Improvements have included a full redecoration, new carpets, brand new beds, soft furnishings and new modern bedroom furniture in all guest rooms, rewiring and new electrics, new central heating, modern rendering of two external extensions with a new external colour scheme and garden landscaping. Along with this we have new, modern business branding, a new reactive website and a high level social media presence. Derrybeg today is an outstanding, modern guesthouse full of original features, charm and warmth. We have eight en-suite bedrooms in total (5 doubles, 2 twins and 1 single), including guest lounge and a large bright dining room.
We love breakfast at Derrybeg, its the best and most important meal of the day. So a delicious, freshly prepared breakfast served served pride, passion and quality, locally sourced ingredients is a key part of our offering. Working within the restrictions of cost and profit, we use locally sourced produce whenever we can. We are holders of Visit Scotland’s “Taste our Best” award, confirmation that at least 40% of the produce we serve has been locally sourced, keeping food miles to a minimum and freshness, taste and quality a priority. All guests pre order their breakfast choices the night before ensuring freshness and minimum waste.
We mean business on social media operating a very strong social media strategy, and are relentless in keeping on top of our four key platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest) We are committed to these channels keeping the content fresh and up to date promoting the best of Derrybeg, Pitlochry town and the surrounding natural landscape. Always armed with a camera, we’re never short for content promoting the many facets of Derrybeg and the magic of our immediate natural landscape. Our efforts generate interest and engagement, letting the everyday happenings inspire the content. With social media we communicate with customers on a more informal level taking advantage of our size, transmitting a friendlier feel. Judging by our likes and interactions, our followers love us for it.
This is a tough, challenging, demanding, unforgiving and highly competitive industry to work in, 2020 especially, and to achieve guest satisfaction coupled with profit and growth and a sustainable business is a success in itself.
Having taken over a distressed business in poor condition, with very low marketing and online presence or awareness and no forward bookings at purchase, we are incredibly proud of what our guests now think and say about us in their reviews.
Hopefully this contributes in making us worthy recipients of a 2020 Luxury B&B Award!