A warm welcome from Juliet Horner, Editor. In this issue….
Due to the pandemic and ever-changing guidelines, the hospitality industry has changed dramatically.
One of the biggest changes has been the ‘Glamping’ boom, so how can you jump on the band wagon?
If you still have some questions about glamping after reading this, Glamping Guru Sarah Riley, spoke with several owners to discover what they wish they had known before setting up their glamping business.
But what if glamping isn’t your thing? Check out our interview with Dorset House B&B to read all about how they expanded their business and discover some top tips for drafting up business plans.
Last issue we published a guide to understanding OTAs, but how do you make your business stand out? Learn how to become an Airbnb Superhost with Dasiy Park Huts, who gained their superhost status four months after opening.
I’d also like to introduce a brand new columnist, Lisa Holloway, who you may recognise from previous TV shows such as Four in a Bed and Channel 5’s ‘To B&B the Best’. Lisa will be sharing some wonderful anecdotes from her life in the hospitality industry, as well as some exciting recipes that you can try at home.
Welcome we hope you enjoy this issue.
- How to become and Airbnb Superhost with Daisy Park Huts
- What I wish I had known when setting up my glamping business; An owner’s perspective, with Sarah Riley
- Setting up a glamping business with Sarah Riley, Caracol Camping and Daisy Park Huts
- Expanding your business with Dorset House
- What is a workation?
- Honesty Larders with Bethnal & Bec
… And more!