In anticipation for our special Dog feature in the next issue of Luxury BnB we’ve been looking into all things dogs.
Whether we’re hitting the beach, taking the field at a ball game, or simply heading out for a walk, we know that during the summer months, wearing sunscreen is key to our health and safety. But what about our four-legged friends?
In addition to providing your dog with access to shade and hydration during the summer months, sunscreen should be part of your warm-weather care routine.
Should I Worry About My Dog Getting Sunburned?
Just like us, dogs can get burned from sun exposure, particularly on parts of the body that are sparsely covered with hair.
Millie Rosales DVM, DACVD, of Miami Veterinary Dermatology, says that a sunburned dog can suffer from red, inflamed skin that becomes irritated and painful. Sunburns on dogs can also lead to hair loss and scaly skin.
Do Dogs Need Sunscreen?
Yes, you should put sunscreen on your dog.
“It’s actually very important to put sunscreen on dogs, especially those with light skin and white fur or hair,” says Richard Goldstein, DVM, and chief medical officer of the Animal Medical Center in New York City. “A dog’s skin can be damaged by the sun just like our own, so they require the same protection against the development of sunburn and skin cancer.”
Recommended by Luxury BnB Magazine
Emmy’s Best Dog Sun Skin Cream Protector Spray – Safe for All Breeds with No Zinc Oxide 236ml
- PROTECT YOUR DOG’S SKIN FROM THE SUN – Our proprietary formula protects and nourishes the coat and skin from harmful rays.
- NON-TOXIC FORMULA SAFE FOR ALL BREEDS – Many human sun creams contain chemicals that are toxic to dogs. Our Dog Sun Cream Skin Protector has no zinc-oxide or other harmful chemicals, and is safe for all dogs.
- NON-GREASY FORMULA – Many sun protection products are greasy, and actually form a film on your pup’s coat that attracts dirt and debris. Our non-greasy formula applies clean, and contains shea butter and coconut oil which nourish your dog’s coat whilst also protecting it.
- CONVENIENT NON-AEROSOL SPRAY BOTTLE – Aerosol containers make it difficult to keep a product from getting into your dog’s face and eyes. Our convenient spray bottle makes it easy to apply the sun cream protector exactly where you intend for it to be..
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – We are so confident you’ll love our Dog Sun Cream Skin Protector that we offer an unconditional lifetime guarantee! Not thrilled, just return the product for a full refund; no questions asked!
Dog Nose Balm, quick action 100% Natural snout butter for sore, crusty, dry dog noses and lips, made in the UK. 60mls tin
- Dog Nose balm with mango butter, soothing natural dog nose treatment
- Nose Balm is a snout butter for dogs cracked, crusty, dry noses and lips, unscented and gentle for sensitive noses and puppies
- Safe for puppies and older dogs, sensitive skins
- The Original UK-made 100% natural dog nose balm, created and produced by us here in the UK.
- 60mls tin. Chemical-free, cruelty-free, lick-safe, 100% Natural. Made in Great Britain by proper Dog People!